Friday, December 7, 2012

ALL SYSTEMS GO



THIS CONCLUDES THE 6TH WEEK ON MY 30 WEEK 2013 SPRING MARATHON CAMPAIGN, ALL SET ASIDE ONE MORE MEDIUM RUN TODAY AND A LONG RUN TOMORROW OF 8 MILES.  I FINALLY WENT OUT FOR A TEST RUN WEDNESDAY EVENING.  IT WAS 3 MILES.  IT WAS THE BEST RUN I HAVE HAD ALL YEAR IN TERMS OF HOW I FELT.  I HAVE NOT RAN IN 15 DAYS SO I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT HOW MUCH FITNESS I MIGHT HAVE LOST, ESPECIALLY WITH SOME ADDED POUNDS FROM THANKSGIVING.  I MEAN, I ONLY HAVE MYSELF TO BLAME IF I GAINED WEIGHT, BUT I WAS ACTUALLY SURPRISED.  I ONLY GAINED 2 POUNDS FROM NOT RUNNING IN 12 DAYS AND HOLIDAY.  THE NIGHT BEFORE MY FIRST RUN BACK, THIS TUESDAY, I ACTUALLY ATE AT TEXAS ROAD HOUSE.  THEIR ROLLS ARE SOMETHING ELSE.  THAT’S ANOTHER REASON I WAS SURPRISED WITH MY NOT SO MUCH WEIGHT GAIN.  BUT FOR THE MOST PART, I HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO MY DIET WHILE NOT RUNNING.  I HEARD ONCE THAT IT’S NOT WHAT YOU EAT ON A FEW DAYS OUT OF THE YEAR; IT’S THE OTHER DAYS THAT MATTERS.  SO, WEDNESDAY, I WENT OUT TO RUN, AND I DIDN’T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT.   FROM THE VERY FIRST STRIDE ALL THE WAY TO THE END, I FELT AMAZING.  MY ENERGY WAS VERY HIGH.  I FELT LIKE A FIRE CRACKER.  MY FUEL CELLS WERE IGNITED.  I STOPPED AT 3 MILES AS TO NOT OVERDO IT.  I COULD BREATHE WITH OUT MY RIBS HURTING.  YEY!  ON THURSDAY MORNING, I DID ANOTHER 3 MILES.  THIS WEEK, I WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS, AND NEXT WEEK, I WILL DETERMINE IF I NEED TO CHANGE MY TRAINING PLAN OR KEEP IT THE SAME.  I AM THINKING THAT NOW, I SHOULD BE OKAY WITH HOW IT IS.  WEDNESDAY, SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENED.  MY WIFE LEFT TO VISIT HER FAMILY IN THE PHILIPPINES.  SHE MADE IT THERE OK.  I WANT TO SURPRISE HER WITH A SKINNIER ME WHEN SHE GETS BACK NEXT YEAR.  HMMMM, WE SHALL SEE.  I AM EXTREMELY EXCITED TO JUST BE ABLE TO RUN NOW.  TO BE ABLE TO RUN IS A GIFT I THINK.  THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON I LEARNED DURING THIS MINOR SET BACK IS TOO STILL WATCH MY INTAKE, AND THE RUNNING WILL STILL BE THERE AFTER THE HEALING PROCESS IS COMPLETE.  I WISH EVERY ONE OUT THERE HAPPY RUNNING DURING THE COLD SEASON AND BE SAFE!!

4 comments:

Giorgio said...

Glad to hear you are back running and feel so good.
Have a nice weekend!

Glenn Jones said...

I think we make too much of a fuss about a few days off for our own physical, but especially mental well being!

Meg said...

I agree with Glenn, days off always make me stronger mentally and otherwise! I LOVE your comment about running being a gift, sometimes it takes being unhealthy in any way, to teach us this valuable lesson! I need to remember to consider running a gift each and every time I do it. THANKS, K!
meg

Jill said...

Awesome! So good to hear you are feeling better about running right now and your training for the marathon is going strong :). Running is a gift and should never be taken for granted....learned that in my 2- year foot fiasco when I couldn't run. Each day now, even a bad day, I am so grateful!

Keep running strong! :)