Friday, November 30, 2012

Ready to Explode

Its the end of Week 5 of my Spring Marathon Campaign, and I have not ran a single step this week.  Actually, it has been since Thanksgiving.  I do feel better and I should be able to start running next week.  Right now, the only feeling that I have is Coiled, and ready to strike.  I feel like I have a bunch of energy stored up and I am ready to explode (not that way).  We shall see.  Instead of a 30 week plan now, I might use next week to get back into it, and then do a 24 week plan.  I have been catching up on episodes of Marathontalk and recently 150 and 151 are great.  The training talk is about reviewing your 2012 running and thinking about what you need to do this winter to prepare yourself for Spring. 

1 comment:

Jim ... 50after40 said...

My hat's off to you if you can stay focused for 30 weeks. That's awesome. When I train specifically for one marathon, about all I have in me is 10-12 weeks of good focused training. I've used several 16 week plans and they just seem too long for me. Good luck.