Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Intense Commercials

I am now into my second week of the 2013 Marathon Campaign.  I will be doing the Bob Potts Marathon in May and also the Flying Pirate Half Marathon in NC next April.  I am using the 30 week plan via Hal Higdon.  I am taking advantage of the Speed Training.  I have a mix of 7 Marathons and half Marathons in the past 2 years so I know I can finish them.  Now, its about finishing faster.  Last week I got ready and was on my way to the gym to run a Fartlek Run on the Treadmill.  (I don't like running outside when it's too cold, but will be doing more of that this winter season)  So, I get there and I forget my Ipod Shuffle which is still at home charging.  So...I plug my earphones into the TV stations and watch Good Morning America.  (Boring Show)  What I did was a nice jog speed during the show and then, when the commercials came I did my fartlek pace and kept ramping it up for each commercial.  Once the show resumed I slowed back down to a nice jogging pace.  I had a fantastic fartlek run on the treadmill.  With diet, sleep, recovery, and great workouts, maybe I will run my high school mile again (26.2 x's)

*Happy Voting, and best wishes to Your Candidate!

6 comments:

misszippy said...

Great way to do it! Killing two birds with one stone, to be sure.

Giorgio said...

With regards to the U.S. elections, I hope you're delighted with the result.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a kind comment :)
Have a great training for your Marathon ... You have time!

Christina said...

hmmmm, your high school mile 26.2 times? not knowing your mile time and knowing your a "couple" years older now, that may not be realistic....unless you were super slow in HS and now you're super fast. :)

Christina said...

hmmmm, your high school mile 26.2 times? not knowing your mile time and knowing your a "couple" years older now, that may not be realistic....unless you were super slow in HS and now you're super fast. :)

Teamarcia said...

Great workout Kenley! Way to be flexible and make the most of being tuneless.

Black Knight said...

Late congrats for your 14 minute p.r. I visited Gettysburgh and many other places of the civil war. In Italy we have a lot to learn. Here after almost one century we have "the bads" against "the goods" and this is wrong.
Glad you can enjoy the work on the "dreadmill"! Great workout.